Saturday, June 20, 2020

Divorce and Eating

I used to laugh when I heard someone say, "I forgot to eat today." How do you forget to eat? I love food too much for that, or at least I thought that was the case. One of the benefits of this divorce has been that I'm no longer eating because someone else is hungry or someone else expects to eat at a certain time. 

Initially, I lost 10 pounds simply because I didn't feel up to eating, and only ate because a friend made sure I had food and ate. She still does, because every time I see her, she buys food for me, whatever meal it is. But, otherwise, food isn't the focus for me that it once was. I'm enjoying this, and have lost almost 23 pounds since his moved out. 

I now understand the, "I forgot to eat today." There are some days where eating just doesn't pop up as important. Most days, I either eat breakfast or lunch and then dinner. It's not a bad thing. There isn't pressure to eat because no one will be upset if I don't eat. 

I ate breakfast at 10:30 or so, and just realized I probably should eat lunch/dinner soon, considering it is close to dinnertime! I have a ton of stuff to do today/tomorrow and have yet to do any of it. I'm exhausted, so I'm actually torn between napping and heating up dinner. Decisions, decisions... 

No comments:

Post a Comment