Friday, May 29, 2020

Now I Understand Betty Broderick's Why

Since I've been working from home, I usually have the TV on as background noise while I'm working. It isn't quite the normal office "white noise" but it is something. I frequently have it tuned to USA because they air various shows I've either seen or can tolerate but don't care if I really pay attention to them. They are also going to start airing Dirty John: The Betty Broderick Story on June 2. They've been showing previews for months. This is the second season of Dirty John, as the first season discussed John Meehan. I caught part of that in reruns and found it somewhat confusing, but that is probably because I didn't watch the first episode.

The new season stars Christian Slater and Amanda Peet, and one of the trailers shows Amanda Peet, as Betty Broderick, saying, "I would've been treated better if I had been a dog and served my master. I'm amazed it only took one bullet to kill Dan Broderick." That about sums up at least the last year or so of my marriage.

After reading and hearing about some of what Dan Broderick did to Betty, I had some empathy for her years ago. Now, I definitely do, and I understand why she would kill Dan Broderick. I also understand why she shows no remorse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment