Thursday, May 28, 2020

It's All About Control

I've discovered that so much of this divorce is about control. Before divorce was ever mentioned, it was about control of money. Now, we've moved to control of everything. When he left, he took 90% of the firearms, including numerous ones that are in my name. I reported those to the police as no longer being in my possession, because if they are used in a crime, I don't want that coming back to me. 

The only bills in his name were the satellite TV and the cell phones. Two weeks ago, he disconnected the satellite without warning. It's fine, because I was able to get a better deal on it, and it was easy enough to install. 

Yesterday, he decided to screw with me by moving my cell phone number to a new phone and leaving me without a cell phone, or so he thought. I'd opened up a cell phone account after he left, so I had a cell phone. It just means that I had to update my phone number everywhere. I *think* I've finally updated everything. 

Initially, I thought it was all so he could spy on me, but I realized that it is really all about control. He wants control over everything, because he has no control over his life and family, given Mommy Dearest. 

This is why I'm happy I thought ahead to get a different phone, and why I will ALWAYS advocate that women should have their own little savings fund. Why only women? Women traditionally earn less than men, and therefore, they are less likely to be able to withstand this sort of thing without having a little stash of money. Also, perk if you have everything in your name. Then, if you are abandoned, you don't have to worry about any of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment